Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Heros....


with all the blogging I've been doing, I see I painted an almost "Saint-like" portrait of my son...and upon reflecting...I guess I need to let you know that he possessed all those little idiosyncrasies and annoyances as any other twenty-something guy....but looking back...the stuff that annoyed us wasn't all that bad....he was messy...his bedroom resembled that of Oscar Madison from the Odd Couple...chronically late...his organizational skills needed some true refining...and you couldn't tell him anything as he was always right....and he and I would often agree to disagree...and we'd meet in the middle....eventually....but that was it....he was a source of other people's comfort...he talked a close friend out of becoming a truck driver....his pal thought it would be manly and easy to transition into that....Adam knew better, he talked to this guy until he saw the light...as he had such an immense talent with schooling...and he will graduate with a business degree from a 4 yr. college....and he'll tell you it was because Adam believed in him...another fellow was feeling lost....not liking the college thing...no jobs here...talked for many sleepless nights with Adam....and he told me it was Adam's support and encouragement that encourage him to join the Air Force....and he came to Adam's services dressed in full military dress....with hopes that his best pal could see that the fruits of his efforts had not been in vain...Adam felt lost...many times....I would say it's so hard to focus on a lifetime ahead...I would have encouraged and supported any idea he had...with a dreamy vision he wanted to go somewhere warmer...somewhere south, perhaps Texas or Tenn. And write lyrics and sing songs....sounds Heavenly...but his dreams never came true...so you see...those little imperfections I noted earlier were just that....very little....very insignificant....because he was amazing in 99.9% of all the other areas and aspects in his life....and I do believe now, that he's an Angel....that his kind heart and gentle soul are guiding many of us through this tumultuous time.....................................and as far as heroes go.....your heroes? Had always been Batman and your Dad.....Mine? You, definitely....and if I could poll the town...you'd have been hero to many....

No comments:

Post a Comment