Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

best friends...


Reflections...... I've been having.....have been on friendships....is there anything better? From the time we're little children we form these beautiful bonds with people...and this precious ability aides us in growing, learning, dealing...the ongoing support...the growing up together...somehow our minds intertwine...not that we are the same person...that would be boring....but somehow we "understand" the other one completely...and it is such a source of healing...in times of hurt, anger...frustration...that a friend is there to lean upon...to vent to....to agree with you...even though he or she is sometimes doing that...just agreeing....because after all...he is your friend and that's what friends do....right?......and if you're really lucky...you get a BEST FRIEND....we'd often joke in our home about BFF's. Mine was easy...no astonishment to anyone who knows me....as I am an easy read...it would be "my Lisa"....everyone even knows her as that....Lori's Lisa....I love her beyond words....life did not exist...or at least I cannot even remember it before she came into it...we met on the playground in Kindergarten...the bond was instantaneous....I was eating raisins...well actually throwing them on the pavement....it attracted a little boy named Ronny to pick them up and eat them...and I giggled as she did...pretty soon her little hands were in the raisin box, too...and possibly that was the first attempt at being silly and flirting with a 5 yr. old boy....aaahhhh....and from that point on...it was us...through elementary to jr. high to high school and through marriages and babies...and nursing school and now...through my loss....I love her beyond belief...and it was her who stood by me as I had to stand and accept condolenses at the funeral parlor...she's wipe tears in a timed manner, make me take sips of water and hold me up....my sadness today revolves around Adam's friends...and the sadness they feel....at his wake....1,ooo people came to view him, Bless him and say good-bye...and so many people saw him as being their best friend...and if anybody was able to have soooo many BFF's, it would have been Adam, somehow he could have done it....but in my heart...I know who his best friend was...it was the boy who spent every day with him...the one who slept across from him, the guy who shared every boyhood dream and vacation....his brother was his best friend...he'd often tell me...he'd say how he knew Jordan was really a good brother....always had his back...always looked out for him....I see the vacancy that Adam's passing has left with Jordan...I know he tries to stay strong...and sadly, this old thing with being a man and not expressing inner feelings...that's simply bullshit....we all hurt...and although WE are making progress...we all MISS him....and all the "it's not fairs", the "why....why...whys" don't mean a thing....so we've stop saying them....hard truth is our buddy is gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment