Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Magical Pebble story.....


Friday....the hard day....restless night, odd dreams....but this blogging, although very difficult and saddening is helping, it helps me focus on remembering many things and putting my feelings into words so that I can read again as I need to...and in case from your lofty view...you might....perhaps be able to see the words I write...and feel my thoughts...I dreamt about our favorite tale...you, as a little boy, along with Jordan, liked to be read to before bedtime...your favorite story was called "Sylvester and the Magic Pebble"....I had to read that one almost every night....I remember getting the other books out with hopes of a new tale...not with you...you'd insist "Sylvester!", and of course I'd give in....Sylvester was a donkey, a young male donkey who lived a happy life with his mom and dad, and his hobby was collecting beautiful and unique pebbles...one day, after school, Sylvester asked permission to walk in the woods nearby to look for pretty pebbles and stones and his parents said yes....as he walked into the wood, he found the most BEAUTIFUL pebble ever...so rare, so unique....so fascinating....he picked it up and trotted off heading back home when all of a sudden a ferocious mountain lion came in front of him....he was frightened and panicked, while clutching that pebble...he began to wish and repeat "I wish I was a rock....I wish I was a rock" out of fear and confusion....with that, the magical pebble turned the once young and spry donkey into a large flat rock...the lion walked away in confusion....Sylvester's parents waited for his return....they set out to look for him...no Sylvester....the cops and search teams canvassed the area for days...no signs...what had happened to their boy....all the while Sylvester was there...and aware...but couldn't do a thing...his wish to become a rock had sealed his fate....days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months....seasons came, first Fall with the dropping of leaves that lay upon that rock, Winter followed with icy snow and then the thaw of Spring with beautiful leaves and flowers blooming around that rock...he cried silently and missed his parents...his parents grieved for a LONG time...they lost their little son....his mother was withdrawn...his father was saddened...then one summer day....his father packed a picnic basket and told his wife they needed to go out and walk....to clear their heads...Sylvester was gone...and they needed to live on....so they walked hand in hand into the wood and on that same path where Sylvester met his fate...and they talked about how much they loved him...and all that he meant to them...and as they grew weary, they looked for a rock or stump to sit upon...and there they saw it...the large flat rock....as the parents sat on it, Sylvester felt their presence....he wanted to shout.....It's me, I am the rock...but he couldn't...he was after all, a lifeless thing now....the parents started to eat their picnic lunch and actually smiled a little for the first time in a year...and it was then when the mom noticed that precious pebble...picked it up and with a tear in her eye said....Look Dad, a pretty stone....one like our son would have loved....as she held it with her motherly hands she almost whispered "I wish Sylvester was here, I wish Sylvester was here"...and the rock turned into her son once again, and the three united and the ending was spectacular.....drawing initially on utter sadness and turning into a completely happy ending....full of hope....wish came true...that story is for you Adam....may you remember that story as I do....God Bless you....(I don't know where that book is anymore or if I even kept it, but I did the best of my recall to retell you that tale from my words and remembrances) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment