Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Monday, April 5, 2010

writers are we.....


.....You and me....we both loved to write...and no one even knew it...at least few knew it anyway...you had such a flare and you'd always say you got that from me...I remember getting a "call up" from one of your teachers...I'm thinking it was Mark Rosenberger...about the mandatory paper you so reluctantly had to prepare (on a topic of employment)...I think it was because you refused to take a military placement test...imagine that, you being obstinate about something you didn't believe in personally...anyway, it was to commend you on something you couldn't have taken less seriously...and you randomly picked a venue of working class employment that you attempted to mock...but ended up writing with precision and flare..."I want to be a vending machine repairman", it was classic...in fact, Mark made us copies and showed it to Mr. Lesisko, it was simply "that good"...I can only suspect how wonderfully you could have written anything if you felt it in that heart of yours...Your lyrical talents were unmatched...poetic and thoughtful...musical genius...trendsetter...I hope I can unveil those things...those words...those feelings set into print...when I find the courage to look through all your things...

No comments:

Post a Comment