Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Friday, April 23, 2010

Jim Thorpe's Finest...


For some reason...life continues to circle...and what I mean there is that one event flows into another...one hand outstretched reaching to another...and then some other hand affected earlier reaches back...people helping people...our town, Adam's favorite town in the world, Jim Thorpe. Is there any finer town? I'd doubt that...
When Adam passed...so many good people out stretched their arms to us...they cried with us...they talked with us...they comforted us...they seemed to understand our pain and as they saw it, the quaint little town of Jim Thorpe lost one of it's finest...two days ago...joining Adam in Heaven, was the passing of another of Jim Thorpe's finest...who happened to be my favorite teacher. Mr. Kovac was an amazing man...I still remember how interesting he made learning English and literature and how he'd make each one of us feel important. Reading over my papers he'd tell me with optimism "Lori, you could write someday"...I believed him and I always wanted to...my head was always filled with tales and ideas...my imagination was flowing....but I wanted to marry Teddy so badly, the career choice I made was partly based on "get through quickly"...not that being a nurse was a bad decision...it actually was quite rewarding and fulfilling...and I had always taken that role seriously....but I know I didn't "think" out those choices back then...I know he was MANY other students favorite teacher, also...and he was kind...his voice was an "easy listen"...and he spoke to our class often about his family, always with love and laughter...fond memories...and when I heard he passed...the one thought that gave me comfort is that he, too...was in Heaven with my son...his family was so good to us with Adam's death...and although extremely difficult, I knew I needed to "give back"...and giving back is part of my process in healing...and spending time with them last night was just that...healing...such a kind and loving man with such a wonderful family...many question why God is calling so many good ones home...I guess we'll all wonder...but Heaven is a better place with men like Mr. Kovac and my son in it...God Bless you, Jim Thorpe's finest....
p.s. Mr. Kovac's son became Adam's teacher...and he told me that Adam was one of his favorite students...that not many touched his heart the way Adam did...I hope a piece of me touched his father's heart, too...just wanted to mention how that circle continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment