Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

drive.....


......"drive carefully" we'd tell you and your brother...and if you plan on drinking, don't even think of driving...call us...if I had a quarter for each time we'd say that, I could buy something grand...we worried...Ted and I, from the time Jordan got his driver's license.... he was one of the first to get a cell phone...we always needed to be a phone call away...that "safety net"...and it was the same way with Adam...that seemed to be the key thing we focused on...as most parents would agree with me upon reading this...I never thought....ever in any of the wildest dreams...that I would have to say "be careful" don't do hard drugs tonight...it was just one of those things we assumed would never happen...again, naive us... and Ted and I had those talks and up until this devastating ordeal...I think Adam had been truthful...he'd tell me he didn't even like to drink all that much...he enjoyed being the conversationalist at a party...he liked to sit back, smoke cigarettes and talk...his gift of gab made him the "man" he was...at the viewing, a young man came forth to introduce himself to us...I can't even remember his name...I do see his face in my mind...apparently, he met Adam at a random party at Bloom...he said he spent several hours that night talking with our son...never saw him again since that night...which was about 2 yrs. back....imagine....one chance encounter, one time meeting someone and to never see them again but in that short span of time learn to admire someone like that... he added Adam to his Facebook...upon seeing and reading that this magnificent person passed...he traveled from South Jersey to pay his respects...who could imagine? I can honestly say that in my 44 yrs., no one has ever struck me in that way in such a short time frame to respond as that young man did.......and I wonder what their "talk" entailed...the viewing line and mental fog did not allow me to think or further question this fine young guy...but I wonder if Adam somehow affected him in a positive way as I am being told by so many others? Each day when I leave my house...I see the way people look at me...I know they have broken hearts, too...even when I walk...I bump into people who look at me and begin to cry...Adam's old boss, Putz...I keep bumping into him at the train station and he openly cries...telling me Adam was like no other kid he knew...that's all I hear...I never knew of anyone who didn't like my son...Adam bought Putz lottery tickets...he did nice little things like that...God love him...to hear that sort of thing makes me smile...he made the work crew laugh...he planned the summer picnic at the end of their season...he made me buy lamb last year...why on earth would he assign me that? Because that's how Adam was...and I had to go to several stores 'til I found that! The JT Market was not carrying lamb that time of year...but we found it...and he loved it...and we love you, Adam....

No comments:

Post a Comment