Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Angels....


How do parents get through it? Same thing each day...slow mornings filled with tears and as the day progresses...then my mood changes a little bit...Ted's boss pulled him aside yesterday, with teary eyes himself...and said "I don't know how you do it Ted"..."I cannot even imagine what you and Lori are going through"...and I do believe this "feeling" is shared my MANY...and someone again said that same remark to me...today....what choices do we have? Again, it's not what we'd ever imagined...we thought Adam might be mayor of Jim Thorpe someday...we knew he'd outgrow any immaturity and turn into a similar version of Teddy...that's what we thought. We planned on babysitting little Guido or Lilly (those are the names he wanted to name a son or daughter someday)...we thought we'd help him and his wife through their struggles...like Ted's parents helped us...we thought we'd continue to grow as a family in a different way...the years of hard work, rearing them through kindergarten on...seemed a distant memory and the future seemed bright...life is good, that's what I'd remark...never thinking my life would take on a dramatic whirlwind like it did...and I have never felt this sad...this alone...or felt loss this deep before...I have never prayed so hard in life before either...these days my prayers are that Adam will be an Angel...my Angel...to give me hope and Spirit...to continue to pull us through the haze...

No comments:

Post a Comment