Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Friday, April 2, 2010


Ted is a great man...and I often thank God for giving him to me and I ponder "what did I do to get so lucky there?" Kind and giving...and always forgiving...quiet and thoughtul yet bright and insightful...heart so big it isn't even measurable...a man of few words...he does things that no one would ever know he did...and would never desire recognition...he's a solid person with old fashioned ideals...the kind of man that rarely exists these days...but he truly is all of that...he lived for us...he lived for the kids...Adam and Jordan wanted to be like him one day...they knew the arduous task that would entail...and although men...like Ted, too....are quiet and rarely share their inner feelings, I was Blessed with him being able to communicate anything to me...we always had the easiet way to express ourselves to one another...and it always made sense...Ted always made sense. He had this spectacular way of making me "see" the best way in a situation...and he was a buffer...when I'd be upset...it wouldn't last long after talking with him...he'd provide the comfort and realization that what I thought was a "big deal" really wasn't. I remember myself sort of complaining one day that I was the only mom who ever had tons of kids and messes at my house...and I wondered if any of the moms I was releaving...truly appreciated how I cared for their kids, cooked for them...had many of them 24/7...he stopped me right then and there...asking me...why do you do this Lori? I thought for a moment...and responded..."I do this for my sons and I really like those other kids...then you answered your own question Lori...he replied. "We don't do it for the parents, it's for the kids...and they love you...all of them." After that, I never complained again...he was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment