Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter morning....


This is the first Holiday without you, Adam...this morning was difficult...I almost didn't want to go to church, but I made myself go...and afterwards, I was glad that I did because the strength it provides is good...the one song played was "Morning Has Broken" and it brought tears to my eyes...Dad and I leave the church right after communion each week...it's just easier not having to "say" anything to those who "don't know what to say either"...Patty and Mike are having us over for Easter dinner...and even Hazel was invited...Dad and I baked pies...and we even made some homemade candy eggs yesterday...I find when I am busy, I do better coping...and last night your friends came by again...a mulitude...the side of the street was parked up with cars...just like you liked it...you enjoyed a good crowd. Rachael brought me flowers and left some on your grave...Hinkle, Vook, Will, McFadge, Jordan, Zach, Boo and his brother, and Rambo all spent time with us...it always feels like you're here when they're here. Everyone still cries, too...we all do, although we understand differently now...the grief is different...we yearn for you...we all wish we could see you or talk with you one more time...but we can't...but we speak of how much we adored you, all in our own special ways...I'm glad you enjoyed yourself the way you did...that you had the friendships that you had...that you liked being here with us...although your journey here on earth was far too short, we are forever grateful...everyone of us for having you touched our lives in the special way that you did...I miss you more...each day...but pray for Peace to comfort all our pain...and know that time, will ease the heartache....and that the memories we've forged will live within our hearts...until we meet again, at Heaven's gates...

No comments:

Post a Comment