Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Erica's flowers.....


Adam loved Erica...he really did...for many years...but their close friendship never allowed romance to intervene...they spent so much time together all through junior high and all through high school...sharing dreams and supporting one another....she told me today that her boyfriend bought her lilies...and Adam loved lilies...and he loved the name Lilly...as did Erica...the flower's heads were closed tightly when she got them...last night was the first time Erica had the strength to visit Adam's grave since his burial...sad night...sad for us (always) and sad for Erica, I know how much she misses him...when she opened her eyes this morning, all 11 blooms were fully opened on those lilies...she'd like to think Adam did that, I'd have to agree...and something else really compelling was that when I went into his bedroom today, I decided to be brave and open one drawer...just one...a simple step...and I did...to discover his old high school wallet...inside of it were some insignificant items, like old business cards and an old Big Boulder ID....but in the plastic picture holders was a picture of Erica and a photo of her brother Dirk (Derby) as Adam would call him...funny how things work...Adam's little messages providing some well-needed comfort here...
p.s. Adam told me (and Erica agreed this was truth) that if he and Erica weren't in relationships by the time they hit age 26, they'd marry someday...and have little Guido and Lilly....at his funeral, another girl approached me and with sincerity confessed to me that she and Adam had a plan...if either of them weren't married by 28, they'd marry...just like Adam to plan ahead...I wonder who was his choice for age 27? Loved by all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment