Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Friday, April 23, 2010

3 Angels in Paradise....

Jordan's Facebook message recently said "why are all the good people being called"?
I've had my share of personal heartbreaks...my son...the most devastating thing that a mother could endure...but my tears started back in the end of December...our Hospice social worker was having a bad week...she lost her wallet, she tripped on a carpet and hit her head...she experienced computer problems, yes, our dear Linda was having a bad week...and we all LOVED Linda and it was so odd to see her out of sorts like that...the last time I saw Linda was Christmas eve...it was she and I who were the "lucky" ones to get to work that day...I knew about the bad week she'd been having so when we parted ways that day, I told her I hoped her week "turned around" and I took around her with a tender embrace and for some reason, the words "I love you" simply flowed from my lips...she smiled, a huge smile and said, "ya know, I love you, too"...she told me she was happy she was off until Dec. 28th...and on that date of her return she met God...as her van was hit driver's side while turning onto route 443...the remembrance of that "final farewell" was unbelievable...we all mourned her loss for weeks...months...the empty chair and desk that was once occupied by one of the kindest hearts ever...she was wonderful and the office seemed void with her absence...then it was my loss...and the office reeled in my sadness and pain...then today, we heard more sad news....as if our little office in Lehighton could bare one more heartache...the news came that our night-time nurse, Donna, was killed in a car accident yesterday afternoon in Reading...while en route to a Christian retreat...people who work in Hospice are usually a different breed of people...they have compassion and care beyond anyone else (or at least our staff does)...and with Donna...she was our perfect nurse...she was not only a nurse but a minister, too. So when she made her visits on the night watch...she not only brought with her the fine nursing skills she had but she always brought along her spiritual self...she was simply amazing, too. It was Donna who mailed me prayers and poems each week as I suffered with my own loss...now her family is enduring the same pain that I am feeling...And I wonder....again....why????? SO many saddened hearts surround us...and to have such a small office as ours be struck with such infinite sadness...please pray for Donna...and Linda...and Adam...three perfect angels in Paradise....

No comments:

Post a Comment