Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, June 3, 2010

a work in progress....


.....whenever I needed to unwind in the past, I'd find comfort in making soup...I've done that for years...I cannot even begin to imagine how much soup I've cooked over the past two decades...or how many different types I would prepare...it had a cathartic effect on releasing my stress...through the years of soup making, I saw my simple creations to be not only relaxing to me.... but a gift of sharing...many jars shared with sick friends or older patients...a token of thoughtfulness to a kind co-worker...soup is a healing potion...warm and tasty liquid embellished with many different tasty add ins...yes, I've even been referred to as "The Soup Nazi"... Jordan and Adam would smile as they'd call me that for you see, they, too loved my soups...and they'd tell me I should run a soup kitchen and sell my soups like the "Soup Nazi" did on Seinfeld...his soup was so phenomenal that customers had to line up and order a specific way or not be served...and of course, the Seinfeld cast failed miserably with their ordering sequence...ahhh....to hear Adam call me that one more time in the most loving and fun natured way followed with the old cliche "no soup for you!".... He and Jordan would sample every soup I'd make...and they'd critique me, too... they'd grow annoyed when I'd hit on an awesome pot of soup and failed to write down the specifics of what I truly added into it...because the next time I make it....it might not taste exactly the same...I was always a work in progress...with my soups...in life...and before Adam passed...I made many pots of soups and froze them for the rest of winter...many made for my mother, as she healed from her knee surgery...but shelves in my freezer filled with soups that I would eat when nothing else tasted right...who knew then that those soups would "feed" me physically and emotionally...soup for the sick...for the weary...and for those who are saddened...

No comments:

Post a Comment