Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Saturday, June 26, 2010

gratefulness...a heartful of thanks...meaningful and gracious...open heart filled with eternal gratitude...just some of the many ways I remember feeling through the years about the good things that happen in life, the one thing I knew then and continue to know now is that thankfulness is something you need to express and appreciate...part of being thankful is the ability to give back to others...people tell me how kind and thoughtful Adam had been, many more stories of his kind gestures told after he passed...one of mine....was his last Thanksgiving, the feast we enjoyed and how grateful he was for us...his family...I remember him helping me fix a platter for a sick patient of mine who lived outside our town. With love, he added the potatoes...sliced a generous portion of my homemade pumpkin pie and smiled...telling me "he's gonna love your pie"...now those are simply memories...that fellow died shortly afer the Holidays and I never got to know if he enjoyed that pie...Adam loved pumpkin pie...and pumpkin roll...sometimes when someone I know and admired dies now...I think "I hope they're with Adam now...since I can't be...with hope I pray, that Adam always knew how gratfeul I was...that God lent him to be for awhile...my precious son...

No comments:

Post a Comment