Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Sunday, June 20, 2010


Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but by the moments that take our breath away...the first time I literally remember getting my breath taken away from me was New Year's Eve, 1982 going into the big New Year of 1983....my senior year...my friend Manda hosted a small gathering of school friends at her house in Bear Creek Lakes...somewhere...somehow...Teddy and some of his friends heard about this and sort of crashed the get-together. I remember that night with clarity like no other time before...walking down her stairs and locking eyes with Ted. The feelings that overwhelmed me were like stories from movies I saw...love at first sight...and he felt those same feelings back...it was so obvious and that's when it all started, our legacy...our love and it followed us through the rest of my senior year and into his...and thereafter the story continued...he always made me happy and feel complete, we've had little problems now and then but the level of love are hearts contained always kept us together...I couldn't have even imagined anyone else ever in the world being the father of my children...Ted put his heart and soul into us...our lives...When I had each son, he pushed back tears and bought me roses with each card stating, I love you...thank you for my sons...Ted and me, we loved the fact that we had sons, I loved that they looked like their Dad...we dreamed the dreams that "you who are reading this" dream...that they'd grow up good and kind and find happiness and success...even beyond what we'd attained. We look now at Adam and hope the breaths he took in life had been fulfilling...that his measure of life for his short span of years made him happy...that we did a good job in being the parents we best could be to him. God Bless Teddy today on a day that all fathers are remembered....God Bless him for giving out the last he had...and never complaining...for endless sessions of steering the boys on the right path...for his unselfish nature and unending gift of giving...from heart and hand...may God show Teddy a sign today...a gesture of comfort as his heart aches from Adam's absence...Happy Father's Day Teddy...to the best man I have ever known...to the man who still takes my breath away...

No comments:

Post a Comment