Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

...nothing's the same...last night we made the trek to the NY Yankees Stadium and you should have been there aside of us Adam...truly present as you had been with every other game we'd plan since you'd been little...you had an excitement that few others possessed. A trip like this would have been talked about weeks ahead of time and your enthusiasm would have been abundent...again...for awhile while I sat, staring off at the field from my nose bleed seat...a seat next to me sat vacant...made me wonder if it's another sign? Jordan brought his sadness along with him to last night's game and no one seemed like they wanted to be there...most of all me...my feelings are stablizing but the rush of highs and lows is like nothing anyone can even fathom. Since you passed, I've experienced feelings and emotions that I didn't even realize I had the potential to feel...but they somehow level out...and time continues, like tiny sand pieces dropping from an hour glass...time passes since we lost you....our dear son. Life now is lackluster without your smile...and people...oh the people who continue to miss you as we do....the little signs of those who visit your grave...the flowers...the notes...the tokens left upon your grassy grave...you were surely loved...you surely touched people's lives in ways I am still discovering...and someday...God will allow us to embrace eternally once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment