Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Faith....


Another page turned on my calendar today...the hands of time continue to move ahead...time passes...new days continue to present themselves to us...and each ongoing day brings glimmers of Hope along with it...as we continue to cling tightly to our Faith...trying to always remember that intense grief doesn't last forever. One of my favorite sayings goes "Faith is not the absence of fear, but the willingness to go on when fear is present". Keep the faith that you will one day heal and be whole again...however, as a mother who lost her son...there will always be a "hole" inside my heart...Adam had a friend, Josh...whose mother wrapped a gift for me...and left it in my mailbox, shortly after Adam passed...a pretty little package and within it's velvety box was a little silver heart with a small open area in the middle...it's a mother's wounded heart...the hole represents Adam's absence from my life...the story of this special heart is that when God calls me and we're together in Heaven...the hole will fill to completion...I've never taken that necklace off...it lies close to my heart at all times...and Josh...Adam's dear friend...he'll be back home in Jim Thorpe soon...he was away in the service when Adam passed away...my mind being clear now...I realize how difficult it must have been to even get that permission to come home for something like this...the death of a friend...but he did...and he's amazing...as is his family...they, like many others... continue to hold Faith for us...
********************************************************************************
Now we have a choice—to implode and disintegrate emotionally and spiritually or to become stronger…to rebuild on a solid foundation….....

No comments:

Post a Comment