Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

walls...


...so many people told me over the years that we'd been "rich" with love in our hearts and our home...and I'd smile and the inside of me would simply melt as I would think of how happy I was...or the value of worth that that mere statement alone made me feel...yes, we were rich...our home was my palace...I loved the walls that held us from the rain, snow and storms...I loved where we lived because we always had children running in and out our doors...I loved that nothing within these walls was fragile...it's worth meant little...the memories meant everything. I loved how our boys grew to love their home and that the friends they made seemed to always feel right at home here...with us. If these walls could retell tales of past and the years of many little feet passing through and the adventures witnessed...oh the tales we'd hear. For many years, before we bought this house, lived an older couple who had wealth...but no children...upon moving in...the walls had no marks...the carpets...impeccable...they kept the house in tip top shape...Ted would say "we gave it Hell" and laugh...because those many feet...and many pets...and many happy memories we seemed to have swirled in through those doorways wasn't easy on the place...I would take the chaos and confusion anyday...I don't want to ever be in a quiet house...I guess that's why Ted and I treasure those kid's visits so much...we still feel like Adam's "sort of here" when those he loved are...it's an unusual comfort for others to understand...they'd have to crawl inside our hearts to fully comprehend the emptiness this house has felt with his loss...and if these walls could talk...they'd have told me of the dangers pending prior to our loss...but they couldn't...

p.s. Love is the only thing in the world that you have to give away to get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment