Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, June 8, 2010


Life...part two...
Next week I am going back to work...it'll seem strange I'm sure but it might be the best thing for me right now. I've never had extended time off...in fact, the most time I was ever away from my nursing career was was I had my children...and I think that was only a matter of 4-6 weeks. I'm not even trying to guess what I will feel or how I will cope...I just want to see...and try....without expectations. My job is unique in nature to begin with coupled with the recent and intense sadness that I endured...well, it's a coin-toss of what I will feel but perhaps I'll be that rarity that finds comfort once again in something like Hospice. I remember my decision to give Hospice a try, almost two years back...not one person I spoke with disagreed with my decision, in fact, so many told me they couldn't imagine anyone else better suited. Endless empathy and years of sympathetic nursing care helped me evolve into a mature and Peaceful nurse...and death had never scared me...so helping others at this time...the end of life came naturally for me. Ted used to tell me I had a rare gift...a gift I needed to share...so we'll see, I'm not afraid to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment