Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Sunday, June 13, 2010

are we there yet?


...tomorrow is my time to return to what I did....before you passed. I'm going to attempt to ease back into Hospice and I know it won't be an easy task but it's something I have to try...people have been kind to me, to us...and out of fairness to them and to myself, I must see if this is what's meant to be...to try and reclaim what you knew I did well...you watched me blossom as I went into that role and we'd often talk about the gratification it provided me...you were supposed to volunteer with me...eventually...but that never transpired...I remember your interest in the things I would talk about...how life can be short...how lives change in an instant...how cancer and end stage illnesses rob us of senses and time...but that a role like mine allows someone like me...to walk alongside the patient and family through their final journey in life...never would I imagine it would be us...your family that would be walking on a path such as this...a road that has been broken up...rocky and curving with hills and treacherous declines...each day the road we travel, your Dad, Jordan and me...is a cumbersome task...we hold steady on the wheel...and follow this unplanned journey to someplace called recovery...it's so far in the distance...some days I feel like a child wanting to know "are we there yet"....but nothing will help us get there any quicker...than time...healing...and Faith...God Bless us...the ones who are left in the distance...that we may heal someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment