Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, May 20, 2010



I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together...I saw that quote on a friend's Face book post....and I've been thinking about it ever since...in many ways, I see the truth of that quote...I see that as parents, we teach and guide our children so that when they reach that age of maturity...we release them and let them fly...yet always remain there as their "safety net" so they won't plummet downward, if they start to fall...and in social situations...we tend to "adjust ourselves" or act like we believe "what people" are saying...whether we agree or not...as to simply "fit in" with the norm....and yes, it's also true that many of us experience that "wake-up" moment that we see things tangled all around us...and it's either seek change or face doom...but with losing Adam...I await what could be the "falling together"...losing him made all of those who loved him....unravel...how do you rebuild such a great loss...how can things ever be as they were...they cannot...
We, those who loved him who are left behind with our emptiness...are desperately learning to readjust...and it's not only I, the saddened mother who's facing this quest...it's so many those lives he touched...in so many ways...I will take all that I've learned from Adam with me...in my heart...in my soul...and the goodness he possessed will always be cherished and remembered...and shared...and although I will never see the reason...I will accept that it happened and that through me...his memory will go on forever....

No comments:

Post a Comment