Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

circle of friends...


Dear Adam...
Bo came by the day before yesterday...it's nice how your friends still come by...and being with your friends gives me comfort...makes me feel as though I am "talking" with you a little...because they were parts of you and they loved you, too...he told me that on Sunday, he and four others needed to spend time with you so they gathered at the cemetary and sat upon the grass and talked...and even played some of your favorite songs...he said they just wanted to "hang out" with you...
he said he and the others are having a tough time...this "moving on" phase isn't easy. He, like us...will see a car like yours and think it was you...until he realizes you're not here any longer...or he'll automatically want to call or text you...to tell you something silly or ask your opinion...and he'll catch himself knowing he cannot do that anymore...because you're gone...we both know...there wasn't anyone else like you, Adam. Your presense is greatly missed...we still beat ourselves up inside wondering yet again...why? Me...I'm trying to piece together what was torn apart from your passing...the once complete person that you loved...I do the best I can because I know you would want me to go on...and I've been "talking it out"...with those who lend an ear...and I pray and I pray...and I keep the bitterness away. I hold steadfast to the values we always held dear...and that glimmer of light...I see it in the distance...and the journey will be long I hear...but I am willing to travel...God Bless you Adam, you are surely missed by all...you've touched many hearts in your short lifetime...

No comments:

Post a Comment