Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Friday, May 28, 2010


...yesterday's storm never came...it surely looked like it would break out at any moment...but it didn't...I saw a young man and two young ladies walk by my house with inner tubes...I remembered Adam and Jordan...the stormy night and the risk they along with some of their friends took one treacherous stormy afternoon...it was way too late and unsafe to be doing this but they left without us talking about the dangers...and they were 22 and 20, so they knew best...or so they thought. A daring venture...the start of their ride down the Lehigh was simply an overcast sky but as their travel progressed...the storm began to rage...the sky became magnified with lightening...and the thunder boomed...rain pummeled down hard on anything beneath it...I was in horror realizing my two sons were on that river...I feared for them...I feared for the others...multiple phonecalls to no avail...Ted and I waited like crazy people at the train station for them...hours past as we sat in our car...finally, dark shadows of moving figures could be seen in the night...I counted them....seven boys...seven safe...Adam laughed about it...Jordan never said a word...where does fearlessness come from? I believe as we age we definitely develop more fears...there are so many things I retract from now...because wisdom came upon me...wisdom...

No comments:

Post a Comment