Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, May 27, 2010

....something new...that's a goal I am making for myself now...to try or do something new each day....albeit small, like trying a new food...or reading a different poem...I am going to do this...walking with Hazel yesterday inspired me to do this project...we took a path by the lake and veered off onto another, one we rarely travel and amidst the path was a field of daisies...I picked a bouquet of flowers and took them home with me...and placed them in a mason jar next to my favorite picture of Adam...and I thought about us, many years back...picking flowers as a family...and warmth filled my heart...so many nice things that we did...me and Ted and our sons...the flowers...the pumpkins in fall and apples, too. And I thought if I continue to do these special things, it will bring back happier memories...and the trying new things...well, I got that idea while thinking about how Adam would be adventurous...how he wouldn't hesitate to try something...say something...inspire someone...I guess I could easily spend the rest of my time wallowing in my pool of tears...or I could try to recollect myself and live out some of Adam's dreams...and that actually excited me...Ted and I always talk about him...our conversations are healing...and we agreed last night that we wished we'd been more like Adam...we're both ultra-conservative...worry way too much...and put things off that could be enjoyed right now...perhaps I'll let my son lead me now...

No comments:

Post a Comment