Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, July 7, 2010


I happened so see that one of Adam's closest friends left him a message on the wall of his Face book page...a reference to jukeboxes...and it made my thoughts travel back to Adam and the dawn of his fascination with jukeboxes...his intrigue with music...I guess it all originated from Teddy's dad...what a wonderful man he was, one of the finest I ever knew...he had a little radio the resembled a jukebox and he'd pull Adam and Jordan upon his lap...even as early as infants and play the old time rock and roll music...and as they grew...they'd continue to climb up on his lap and listen to all of Pop's favorite songs...and Teddy and I...well....we loved music, too...so much that we created a way to put the kids to sleep with it...back in the late 80's, ownership of a CD player was a cool thing...and thanks to good old Pop, we had one, too...and we'd put Bruce Springsteen and U2's music in and they'd be in their little beds singing to the music...we'd stand at the bottom of the steps listening to their sweet little voices sing along and they knew all of the lyrics...or they'd be pretty close...as they grew up...music still took a top focus in the boy's lives, but especially with Adam...he seemed to eat...breath....live music....and when we'd go anywhere that a jukebox would be, he'd fill it with quarters and eagerly press the buttons to add in his favorite songs...he really got a kick out of the old time jukebox at the Sunrise Diner...the old songs from the 50's and 60's...he used to sneak out late on hot summer nights and go down town to the diner to eat with his older buddies...I learned of this in later years! All fun times of an active teen-ager...most recently, Adam's musical genre was targeted towards honkie tonk...old hill-billy country...I guess he would have loved to get to Nashville someday, hang out in a smokey old club and hit up the jukebox there...and I smile as I can easily envision that sight...and if there's a jukebox in Heaven, Adam's probably leaning against it, with a harmonica cupped in his hands...playing along...play a song for me Adam....make it a Bruce Springsteen one and I'll sing along, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment