Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Dear Adam...
I think of you every moment of every day...and as I was driving along today...listening to the music on the satellite radio in my car, it seemed each song played made me think of memories of you...millions of thoughts circulate through my head but today I kept thinking of how you looked at the world around you...like no other person I had ever met. How does one visualize our imperfect world? I've met those in my lifetime that wore rose tinted glasses...not seeing the imperfections all around, or perhaps they just chose to pretend the imperfections were no longer existent...and others I'd met seemed to wear magnified lenses...to intensify the imperfections they found and would carelessly point out...and those...that lived looking through a microscope...fearful of the chances they might have to take...others live while looking through the long scope of the telescope...seeing things far ahead of them...futuristic...I think that might be how you saw me...and sadly, there are those who wear blinders and miss the joy and beauty that is emerging all around them...you Adam, I think you looked at life through the lens of a kaleidoscope...you'd shake it up and look through the eye piece and see magnificence that no one else could imagine...and you took that magnificence and shared it...to others...the smile you wore was as bright as sunshine...your laughter a happy sound...beautiful and melodic...since you passed...the stars in the sky have lost their luster...the rainbow lacks a color or two...the glimmer of the moon has dulled and the dazzle we felt for life has paled...your kaleidoscope of colors brightened our world...will anybody else be able to bring back the colors that your passing took away?..........
p.s. never have I seen a smile as radiant as yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment