Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, August 4, 2010


I shared the beauty of tonight with a dear friend...she was amazed at the path I'd chosen for us to walk...to partake in the loveliness of all that surrounded us on that little journey...I see beauty in so much...and it's nice to be with someone so warm and comforting as she...she's a rare jewel...someone who'll simply listen...although her life hasn't had the same things thrown at her as I...she somehow seems to grasp the way I am feeling...no judgement...no time limits on how I should be...just kindness...being with people like her is like medicine to me right now...for you see there's still no pill or magic trick that will ease this heartache...she mentioned time...I told her that time is making me stronger but the sadness is unchanged and again...it made sense to her...she could comprehend what I was trying desperately to convey to others. She said I just need to be treated nicely...with kindness now...and I agree...that's what works with me...she made me smile as she sang a few bars of "in the end....kindness is all that matters"...and she's right...completely. She told me that I was always so kind to everyone else...that my gift was the kindness I gave to all of those around me, especially my children and their friends...she told me I need to keep writing...because it helps her and others like her...to know me better...to learn more about Adam and his life...she told me Adam has a candle with a flame...and the more we remember him and talk about him and his memory...well, it keeps that flame aglow...Ginny, I don't want that flame to ever dim....so thanks for your inspiration...I love you for making me reflect even more positively on the life I have yet to live...and the people's lives I still need to touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment