Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I have a friend who told me that her dad passed when she was 17...somehow...even though she lost such a significant role model in her life..she turned into a spectacular woman...she obviously had overwhelming love and support from her siblings and mother...and as she grew into womanhood...she married and became a mom...and our lives seemed mimic each other...as we both married young and had two children...we each thought that becoming a wife and mother meant the world to us...I was amazed when she told me her mom made almost daily trips to the cemetery with her two children...these kids would hear stories about a man they never actually met...but through the daily visits came tales that she'd tell them about their grandfather...and amazingly, as they grew older...they truly believed they met him and spent time with him in earlier days...because his legend was go well ingrained in their little heads....early on...I pondered that...and thought about how I continue and plan to continue to keep Adam's legacy alive....I want to keep telling his tale...his stories...I don't want people to forget I had this amazing son named Adam...I hope through me...he'll somehow live on...

No comments:

Post a Comment