Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dear Adam,
I'm gathering strength from within...Boo was just here...had a beer with your Dad...nothing seems the same without your presence...I listened to them talk about baseball and just kept thinking that I needed to hear you interject, but your words are silent...I can still imagine your voice and what you'd be saying back...about the Yankees...Jeter...A-Rod and steroids...Boo and Dunbar are sharing a bag full of your sneakers. Boo smiled as he looked at the unique shoes you had...I know you'd be happy that I gave them to your friends...I still take time and thoughts...long and carefully orchestrated thoughts of who would best appreciate the items you cherished. I'm giving Earl your mandolin...I know as he restrings it and learns to play it, he'll treasure the beauty of having something special that was yours...what else can we do? We cannot lock up your room and treat it as a museum and you were simply too special not to share your memories with those who loved you so...
Everyone loved you...

No comments:

Post a Comment