Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, August 10, 2010


I met another mom on Monday night...a mom who like me, lost a child...a young adult who wasn't supposed to leave her family so young, but she did...and this loving mom met with me to talk...as she is a friend of a friend...funny the way it is...the way one friend networks a lifeline out to another...it's all good...her loss was over three years ago and as I spoke with her...I could easily see sadness in her eyes...she saw my pain...still raw and fresh...it's not even 6 months yet...and she remarked about that...it was easy for her to see where I was in my journey...part of me wondered if "being there" for me that night was extra hard for her...was I a reason for those sad eyes? Or is her sadness a residual of what life has now become? I thought about her ever since our meeting...I knew from talking with her that her life revolved around family...she glowed while taking about the child she loved...then lost. I wonder what I'll be like...in three years...or in thirty? We'll both never forget the love we held onto so tightly for our children passed...we both questioned why? why? why? SO many times...and one day someone remarked back to her, "why not you"? I guess I never thought about that one. None of us "deserve this"....but it does happen...in the blink of an eye life can take a spin or spiral...there's no discrimination in who gets cancer...who gets in a deadly car crash...or dies from sad mistakes...like my own son...it's we who are left here to grieve and try and move ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment