Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Uncle Pete...could it be? yes, he certainly is like an uncle to us...a brother-figure to me and to Teddy...and a sort of uncle to Jordan...he's always been there but his role has been greatly refined and defined over the past 8 months...of course he'd be great, he's my best friend's husband, could he be anything else? But as my mind clarified over the months that passed, I see him there...always in the background...ever present...there for me with his little gestures, the little things I would think a brother would be or do for me...little surprises to help keep my mind occupied and my hands busy...fruits and vegetables at my doorstep so Ted and I could "can" in the evenings to sooth our saddened minds...cookbooks and little cooking devices so Ted and I could create more recipes together...all and all healing us through the selfless little things he does...so naturally...and Adam, he loved Pete, although he never called him that...to Adam he was "Chops"...and all through the years Adam would tell everyone that Pete got coined with the absolute best nickname in Jim Thorpe...Adam loved how Pete would come to all his games...loved trick-or-treating at his home because he gave out the best candy in town...loved him 'cause he was "my Lisa's" husband...loved how kind his family had always been to ours...although lately nothing seems to go right in our lives...we do feel Blessed to have an "Uncle Pete" in our lives....

No comments:

Post a Comment