Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I found three violets on Sunday, Ted was waiting for me to get into the car for church...I hesitated because while looking down into the grass I saw three slivers of purple which turned out to be quite odd...three simple little violets still in bloom on a cool October day...I mentioned this to Teddy and he agreed about how unusual that they'd be in bloom now...how rare...I smiled and said "Adam probably sent them for me...one for each of us here...me, you and Jordan...I looked really close for other ones but that was it...no more. Today as I was leaving for work...not far away from those other three flowers was one little violet...all by itself, intermingled in the grass...and I thought "that's Adam's flower", he's not with us but he's not as far away as we'd think...my mother-in-law tells me all of the time that he's always one step behind me...seeing that little flower almost hidden away, I thought "she's right", he's right behind us....holding back tears thoughts of my son picking those same simple little flowers for me, a bouquet from his heart...happy thoughts...cherished moments...I miss you Adam....

No comments:

Post a Comment