Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Monday, October 11, 2010

Dear Adam,
Another season to face...many obstacles in this "year of firsts"...Autumn had arrived sporting it's most magnificent splendor...the gorgeous colors that tint the leaves of the trees surrounding your new home...recent rains had many leaves and branches scattered all around the grounds...Hazel continues to trot boldly around the cemetery...it's become her backyard...I hear the crunch her paws make on the dried leaves as she races about...she always runs to your spot...we marvel at that...we marvel at so much...I found her in your bedroom today...I could swear your door was closed....but when I got back in from my errands...it was she who was lying on your bedroom floor...I wonder if she misses you, too...your scent is still noted in your room....sometimes I'll get a whiff of your cologne...I miss the way you smelled...so fresh and clean...I miss how you'd pick me up and spin me around...the silliness you so easily displayed...how can this be...that my life continues without you? It's so difficult...I question God in many ways but I also thank God for so much....today I was thanking him for Lisa...you adored her...and she loved you very much. She is there for me...unstoppable...my weakness is supported through the strength her friendship gives...please give me strength...please guide me through this...for the ups and downs are so unpredictable....

No comments:

Post a Comment