Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Monday, October 4, 2010

"hat" sandwiches...and other oddities like that...the stuff that made you laugh...made us laugh.
I was making an egg sandwich for myself this morning and all I had left were the 2 ends of the loaf of bread...as you'd call them, the "hats". You would never eat the "hat" and we'd laugh...you would grow annoyed how Hontzy would eat "hat sandwiches" made from just those ends...and how fussy you could be...so many idiosyncrasies with eating...it amazed us...because you had so many! But I can easily remember the stuff you did love...the soups I made...the unusual sausage soup you'd brag about to your buddies...the creations that Dad and I would make...the desserts you'd want to share with all your friends...I remember how you'd make food on the grill in the middle of the night, Dad and I would awaken to the fragrance of meat grilling at 2 a.m. only to discover you'd been making up a feast for you and your buddies...and Jordan, of course. I remember how he'd pay you to cook for him...ahhh...loving memories...as I put the "hat" together to encase my egg and cheese, I thought of you...and how much I miss your silliness....your smile....your happy nature....and "hat sandwiches".....

No comments:

Post a Comment