Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Monday, November 8, 2010

...the quietness of certain people...a young man standing at my stove next to my husband...soft chatter...the sound of chopping...intermingled with laughter from downstairs...in my den. Another Sunday....football...food...and those who've gathered here in our home for years now...to watch the games and share fellowship among friends...many are good to us...but there have been a few special angels who just seem to know the right things to do...sometimes, actually most times, it's beyond words...the relief I find most comforting is the hugs I get...and when our dear friend who shares the same name as my son holds me...I feel sincerity and love...it's the little things he's done for months now...effortless actions...making sure we're okay...spending time with Ted...with Jordan and with me...the walks shared...and many conversations...making us feel like we're all part of this little family with him in it...when our son passed away, he knew to step right in...with his quiet and gentle ways...always a hand out to guide us through the haze...someone dear once told me that God takes...but he also gives...I think God sent us a few little angels that look after us as we heal...

No comments:

Post a Comment