Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh yeah, life goes on....long after the thrill of living is gone, wow...powerful words...and the funny thing is I read those words everyday....words from a song from my "growing up years", in fact I was in high school when that song was released...and I loved that song, I loved John Cougar Mellencamp...back then he went by only one last name...those words are painted on a small piece of slate that two of Adam's buddies placed at his grave site...along with a great black and white photo of Adam...which through the past 7 months of sun, rain, wind and weather...has almost faded away completely...but those words remain vivid...and last night...it struck me, the intensity of what those simple lyrics mean...at least to me...perhaps in our lives...we really only "live" so long and "exist" most of the other times...I think Adam lived in each moment...that he embraced life fully...I have to tell myself things like that or else I'll dwell in sadness...I want to believe that while he was here, with us, that he loved life...and that now...he's surrounded by Peace and watching over all of us here...trying to live on...long after the thrill of having him....is gone....

No comments:

Post a Comment