Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, September 30, 2010


Catherine Edwards (wife of senator John Edwards) once described losing her son Wade in comparison to suffering an amputation...very similar thoughts have been shared by me...I can totally relate ...the loss of my son is comparable to that...and much more...it's a task that is unattainable, to fully share the woe and heartache felt by losing a child...but thinking about that sort of loss makes people understand better...at least I think they could...if someone loses an appendage, people don't ask months or years later, are you over losing your leg? No one would say that...but there are people who would ask without thinking "are you over the loss of your son yet"...yes, it's true, it happens...the loss that the amputee feels is lifelong...the phantom pains that accompany it...looking at the piece of what their life is missing...day in and day out...that's us...as we look for signs of Adam...but there are none...all the pictures in the world...or the wonderful tales can't bring him back to life...you can't see my loss...because all my parts are still in place...but deep inside my heart is a huge emptiness that Adam's life had once filled...someone told me tonight "that though we've never met in this lifetime...His love is like a ripple in a pond, I have seen it spread and touch my heart"....my son had that affect on others...I miss him...his special gift...and the love he gave so freely....

No comments:

Post a Comment