Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Thursday, September 9, 2010

a mother's arms....

....ahhh....twenty five years ago today, I remember that day with near perfect recollection, it was another day in time...when my life took on a whole new meaning...I became a mother...I was elated...for you see, all I truly aspired to be....ever...was a really good mom someday. I think back on being a small girl and daydreaming in church, I dreamt of marrying the man of my dreams...and having two children. My dream mimicked many other girls dreams I'm sure...but mine came true...Jordan was perfect...Ted and I laid him on my hospital bed and looked at his little fingers and toes...we marvelled at how soft his pink skin was and how bright and active he appeared...to us...he was perfect...and all through his growing up years we continued to marvel at who he became...the man he is now. It's hard to believe that so much time has elapsed since I was that scared, young girl waiting with labor pains to deliver my child...but all those fears...and all of the pain was gone in an instant once the nurse handed me my baby and he lay nestled in my arms...the arms of a mother...the arms that have always held him over the years...through good times, hard times, in times of sickness and in times of utter woe....In my arms...these same arms, I held my other son as he left me and went to be with God...a mother's arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment