Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

can you ever really "have it all"? Is that ever a possibility...sometimes you can look around and visualize others who just seem to possess that capability...that golden ring has always been within easy grasp for them...and others...it seems like they keep walking into the same walls...like a confused little mouse in a complicated maze...and what's the key to differentiating the difference there?
...sometimes things aren't always as they see either...many people live behind facades...a little over a year ago, I reconnected with an old friend...she started chatting with me on face book and she told me a story...it was beautiful and romantic...sadly...her marriage wasn't happy but she told me she didn't lose Faith because while back in our old hometown she made an observance that gave her renewed Hope...she told me she was parked on a side street waiting for someone and had a view of the historic section on Race Street...that she saw the silhouette of a couple with hands locked tight and watched them walk..their bodies close...smiles and laughter...complete and utter love in view...and as that couple passed by her...she saw that it was us...me and Teddy...she said our love was natural and real and moving...from a spectator's view it was remarkable...and this revelation moved me in ways like no others...and she knew it was Ted and I who looked at each other with those same eyes even way back when in the early eighties...well, what she saw was true love...but what others can't see is that attaining that level of love is hard work...it's not easy...but nothing worthwhile ever is easy...I've bumped into many walls, like that confused little mouse...and the ring of gold...well, it's never been within our reach...things were always hard for us...but the golden ring that mattered was the one Teddy placed on my left hand 25+ years ago...and I'll take that over anything else in this world. I don't think I could be the person I am right now without his love...
p.s. thank you old friend for that sharing your view of us...it was touching and compelling and pulled at my heartstrings....

No comments:

Post a Comment