Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
As a parent, I think the most cherished memories are those of a child's laughter...and the smiles that could literally change a stressful day into a Blessed moment. Adam and Jordan had powerful smiles, the kind that could light up a room with their presence...losing Adam...I worried I would lose my own smiles...and forget how to laugh...as sadness looms about----the laughter seems hidden in the distance...a lonesome memory of a day long gone...but there are still times when we smile...and laugh...no longer do I feel guilt for acquiring that smile...or allowing that laugh to come through...now when I laugh, I think of Adam...and how he'd want to see and hear me...how it was him and his silliness that oh so often was the source of my smiles...him---Jordan----their friends...the things I would hear, the stories---the fabrications of silly matter that my two would conjure up....and that I was able to laugh with them....one day I know I will hear him again---the laugh, his, like no others will be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment