Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Friday, October 21, 2011

...sticking your hand near a flame is painful...and that pain----the mere thought of it... induces fright...that same pain and fear is similar to that which others feel about looking at grief head-on...it isn't easy, it's much easier to pass by that flame then feel it's burn...it's scary to feel the immense heat it puts forth...me, Jordan...Teddy, we've been brave, always, not one of us had ever been afraid to face feelings...part of recovery is facing them...perhaps not all at once---maybe little steps as I, myself have chosen to take...but to not face them is to further self defeat...I've learned much---sometimes I think that although I am faced with so much pain...I have gained so much wisdom...I'm not afraid of anyone else's flame...there is nothing that could hurt me now...I've suffered the worst and yet I still want to help others who feel like they're on fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment