Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Saturday, May 16, 2020

“I noticed the many ways that life was constantly ending and beginning.

I paid more attention to moments of unexpected beauty.

I sought out joy and surprise.

I embraced the little things that would have made Adam laugh, and the opportunities to use everything that he had taught me in our times together. 

The more I looked, the more I found him. And the more I found him, the deeper I looked.

Eventually, I stopped seeing this life as something that separated us… and I started to see it as the very thing that could once again connect us.

I couldn’t follow where Adam had gone, so I would find all the ways that he was still here with me.

I welcomed the glow of sunlight that filled my house.

I looked up at the stars, more than I ever had before.

I planted things in the earth and watched them grow.

I opened myself up to everything, the woe. The sorrow, and the happiness… and I felt my place in all of it. I found the way back to my sweet Adam and in my search for him..

I found my way back to life.”

Life will never be the same.  And I miss you deeply. But the love you had for me helps me to endure. Xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment