Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

She wrote "I'm chasing my dreams harder than ever because his dreams were cut short. I'll never forget him"...me either...as I sat writing back and forth with a girl Adam went to Catholic grade school with...a tomboy he had a little crush on in 2nd or 3rd grade...yup, I've been trying to chase all sorts of things since he left us here...jumping out of shadows into light once again...trying to find light from out of the darkness...trying to recreate a new "self" again...after my loss...the self I am now isn't the one I was...I see I'll never be her again and I mourne that too...
but who am I now? Remarkably, I am still here...I chose not to jump off a bridge...or bury my head 'neath the sand...and I, like her...need to create new dreams and chase after them...life without Adam...swallowing hard each day to verbalize that into words that are spoken...and absorbed...and finally...understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment