Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Monday, July 25, 2011


"I'm happy for your strength as you lift mountains and create trails in the forest to make an imprint like a river"...powerfully put words...I ponder the depth of the young man who wrote that...to me....with sincerity....my young friend...Adam's childhood friend, mentor...big brother figure....super hero many, many times...a boy who'd defend him till the end...even now in Adam's death...he still fights the demons that on occasion find us...I wonder what Adam would say if he could right now...I know he'd be amazed at the support his friends gave to us, continually...I remember much...because little things always meant so much...I'm glad I got to see my son interact...I'm Blessed I knew his friends...and in amazement I still am witness to those, like Earl, who want Adam's memory not to fade...to be remembered for the good he did, the hearts he touched and the love he gave to those around. Sadly, there are others who try and rip apart what we believe and hold steadfast to....but...."death visits everyone, only a few get to hang around being immortalized"...and like those who knew him well..."his memory" isn't of how he died...it's how he lived his life and the legacy of love that still follows...

No comments:

Post a Comment