Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Sunday, May 1, 2011

...I held you...and your little hand....
I watched you grow...I smiled through the years of living in your laughter...
and watching the happiness you bestowed to all of those around you...
I was watchful...and encouraging, I thought you were perfect...
you'd come to me...when you felt down...or needed to share thoughts...
many times...you already had the answers...but felt like you needed my agreeance...
I trusted you...I trusted "us"...knowing in my heart...we had a bond like no other...
I didn't get to have that "moment"...no good-bye...you slipped away one night...
and never came back...I hold other hands...and close my eyes...often pretending I can feel you through their touch...I pull the sheets tightly around me each night and ask God to allow you to visit me in beautiful dreams...and often you do...
....time...it continues...and it's hard...life is harsh at times...the roller coaster of ups and downs...I have so much faith...that you know how I am feeling...and want this pain to subside...I keep looking for signs...and waiting for better things to find me...to lift me up once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment