Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Sunday, February 13, 2011

...last night was moving...in many ways...moving in the fact that Adam had so many friends who showed up and cared...and proved their support....or perhaps to convey their unwavering love and spirit...one by one, I received embraces throughout the night and heard whispered words again of how much they loved my son...one young man told me how each time he and others get together, they all lift their drinks and say cheers to Adam...and as he told this, I pondered on, silently...and he continued with the reasoning...and it all made so much sense...
he told me he had such difficulty coping when his grandpa passed...his dad and brother....well they were utterly saddened...apparently, grandpa was like no other...and he shared a fondness for beer...to "cheer" themselves and feel better about their situation...they put cans of beer in grandpa's casket...and during the Mass...which was a profound and moving ceremony...the three of them stood there in church and heard what sounded like a beer tab opening...and the moral of his story? Cheer...or shall I say cheers...they think it was grandpa's wonderful sense of humor coming though to let them know to cheer him now...and that things are okay...and as this young person and others lift their glasses...each time done...it's a reminder of a friend they loved. I found his strange encounter story quite moving...and with me...little pieces of peace are a well-needed thing. I was walking with Ted by the lake today...the weather was more fair...our walk was extended...a text message rang and it was Erica telling me she dreamt of Adam last night...and he gave her a message telling her to tell us he's okay...thing was in her dream...they were at the lake...by the boat launch...right where I was when she decided to text me...signs...Jordan tells me not to look for them...because God wants us to hold firm to faith...not look into everything for answers, but show trust and hold secure to an ever present Faithfulness...and I do...but I still believe in strange encounters....

No comments:

Post a Comment