Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Monday, July 2, 2012

Thunder Road...

I post a lot of Bruce Springsteen songs on facebook...people probably wonder---why---why so many--so often, isn't she sick of "the Boss"...what others probably don't know is that is one of my bridges...to Adam---he and I and his dad always LOVED Bruce---he loved to listen along with us as a child...and went to see him with us in concert 2 summers before he left us...what was left in what remains...is the comfort Ted and I get listening to those songs...the ones Adam also enjoyed so eagerly...
while away for a well needed retreat---Ted and I landed in the middle of nowhere...a simple place surrounded by trees...flowers...animals of nature...the silence of everyday noice replaced with the wonderous sounds of silence---hearts and minds allowed to wander...no need to talk---the beauty encompassing us spoke for us...passing by an old country road twice--Ted said next time we hit that road again---we need to pose by it---because when else do you see a road marked "Thunder Road"...so the 3rd time---we double parked and Ted helped lift me onto the guardrail as I waited for his to snap a shot---then his turn---jumping down---we headed into the car---and heard it on the radio...with Bruce's deep and heartful voice belting our "Thunder Road"...yup---we swallowed hard...sat there in the middle of nowhere with tears streaming down our cheeks....a sign from Adam---I'd day yes---I couldn't make that up and I seriously doubt many would believe this happened, but it did and I believe...I love you Adam...always in my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment