Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Saturday, March 12, 2011


Me....I grew in knowing in my heart that "belief" was to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so and through my beliefs...I grew love and trust...beliefs...without them, we are like fragile shells...beliefs allow us to become the people we strive to become...beliefs allow us to experience greater things...to believe in rainbows in the horizon and Hope that tomorrow will bring better days...part of a belief is taking comfort in knowing others believe in us...for without that...we would fall apart...many people ask me from where I get my strength? And it's sometimes hard to figure out myself...because so many sad things followed me over this past year...losing my son...and all the uncomfortable moments a mom should have never been face to bear...and through all my tears and questioning to God...I never got an answer...at least not in words...but through the actions of others...my beliefs got stronger that perhaps the fog would lift...and it has...tonight was a special night for us...hundreds of people filled the rooms of Eggfest...tales of Adam mixed with toasts of glasses raised high to celebrate the life lived my a young man who seemed to touch the hearts and souls of all he met...and I, as Adam's mom was encircled in embraces a whole evening long...I knew how special our family had been...and my beliefs continue to give me strength where many would have given in...whispered words in my ears...of how much he is missed...and all the little things he said or did that made them want to remember him...had I raised him well? I look at Jordan and see his smile...as he raised his glass to the brother he lost...two amazing sons...I believe I did the best I could...I believe...in me...in us...Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment