Adam...

Adam...
My Beloved Son

Monday, March 28, 2011

You're that kind of friend....


...there are friends we meet upon the road of life....such as we ALL have known....who turn aside when the way is rough and leave us to journey alone...
But the friend who's true and sees us through...who stands by to the end...
with a friendly smile....that's the friend worthwhile...and you're just that kind of friend...
...amazingly, my best friend gave me this poem....on a wrinkled and worn old card from Hallmark....circa 1934...it was signed Micky Yaccino....and Lisa found this little treasure on her little trips through yard sales...and thought of me...and "us" and rare and beautiful friendship that our lives have encompassed over the past four decades...and with wonder and amazement I reflect on how much meaning that little card shows to me...and also...again (over and over) I think about Lisa's love...it was "that" which has helped me see a light ahead...it was her comforting voice and continuued encouragement that led be to believe in new tomorrows...it was her who never let go of my hand while I walked across my river of fear...my heart breaks for those who don't know "that kind of friend" but my heart also swells with gratitude for all the Grace and Love she surrounds me with...and makes me believe...that I was "that kind of friend" all along, too...whoever Micky wrote that card to back in 1934...well she sure was lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment